Angel donors
  • 853 donors
  • $461,186 raised
  • 127 student recipients of $341,234

The Plymouth Opportunity Scholarship Angel Fund was created in 2017 by John and Susan Scheinman P'19, P’21G to provide scholarships for undergraduates who have documented funding needs so they may complete their PSU education. Angel investors believe that no student should be turned away from attending Plymouth State due to lack of funds.

In the last seven years, the Plymouth State community has collectively raised nearly half a million dollars for this purpose!

“The Plymouth Opportunity Scholarship Angel Fund provides the university with the flexibility and extra resources to help students remain enrolled during times of financial emergency or extreme hardship. We use these funds to help students struggling to pay the last portion of their tuition bills after all other possibilities are exhausted. This Angel Fund has made a substantial difference in the lives of our students with the most need, allowing many to reach graduation. We are grateful to the donors of this critical fund because it is often a student’s saving grace.” - Mac Broderick, Director of Student Financial Services

“Obtaining a college degree in history studies was always a dream of mine, one I knew I would achieve at whatever cost. My family has never been very financially stable, and at times it felt like that dream was out of reach. However, thanks to generous donors to the Plymouth Opportunity Scholarship Angel Fund, I can now practically taste my bachelor’s degree.” – Erynn ’19

Plymouth State has shown me that there is a life full of opportunity in front of me. Finances have been a struggle for my academic future, and this award is allowing me to continue my learning at PSU. Tuition can be the #1 barrier to entering and staying in college, and this scholarship means more than money to me. With this, I am able to worry less about the financial part of school and focus on my academics.” – Nautica ’23

“Juggling work, college, and parenting responsibilities is challenging mentally, physically, and financially but your generous contributions will assist my family with meeting our financial obligations. I look forward to graduating from PSU next spring and beginning my second career working with our nation’s most important treasure: our youth.” – Benjamin ’21, non-traditional student

“By awarding me the Plymouth Opportunity Scholarship Angel Fund, you have lightened the financial load on my shoulders. This allows me to stay involved in student life and focused on completing classes toward my degree.” – Avery ’21, student body president

BECOME A PLYMOUTH OPPORTUNITY ANGEL

Would you like to help provide just-in-time financial support to deserving students who might not otherwise have the resources to continue attending Plymouth State? Become a Plymouth Opportunity Angel like John and Susan by making your gift online at give.plymouth.edu/angel-fund.

There are many ways to make your gift, including monthly automatic payments, qualified charitable distributions from your IRA, donations through your donor-advised fund, gifts of stock or property, or establishing a legacy gift in your will. For more information, contact Director of Development John Scheinman P’19, P’21G by phone at (603) 535-2805 or via e-mail at jscheinman@plymouth.edu.

Categories