Stones for the giving tree donated by the class of 2023

The Class of 2023 has made a lasting impact on Plymouth State’s campus community with their senior class gift. This spring, a group of juniors and seniors known as the Future Alumni Board (FAB) revived a fundraising tradition to promote a culture of generosity among graduating seniors.

To encourage donations, the Class of 2023 offered Plymouth State pint glasses to seniors and individuals who made a gift of $20.23 or more. Those 21 and over also received a drink ticket to a “Pints with PSU” event that took place during Senior Week.

Alyssa Griffin
Alyssa Griffin ’23, SSF President

Their collective efforts raised nearly $3,000 from more than 100 donors for PSU’s Student Support Foundation, which helps PSU students in need with emergency financial grants and ongoing support, such as maintaining the campus food pantry. The impact of this contribution cannot be overstated, as it will aid several students during their most challenging times.

In honor of their generosity, a Senior Class Giving Tree was planted on campus and dedicated on the morning of PSU’s 152nd Commencement ceremony.

There is a Chinese proverb that says, “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second-best time is now.” I hope that, like me, you’ll plan on visiting

Devonte Gilmore
Devonte Gilmore ’24, Student Body President

campus often and giving back to what has meant the most to you at PSU. I hope this tree reminds you of the power of coming together to help and serve others in the community. May we all continue to live by Plymouth State’s motto, “Ut Prosim: That I May Serve.” - Alyssa Griffin ’23, SSF President, in remarks to the Class of 2023 at the Senior Class Tree dedication ceremony ahead of PSU’s 152nd Commencement.

As my time at PSU will soon come to an end, I keep asking myself if I have left a mark that won’t soon be forgotten. Being a part of Plymouth State’s culture of generosity and leading the Class of 2024 in this reignited tradition will be a physical embodiment of the legacy I hope my peers and I can leave on the place that has left such a mark on each of us. - Devonte Gilmore ’24, Student Body President

Gabriela Gondolfe
Gabriela Gondolfe ’23, Class of 2023 President

The Giving Tree is a wonderful new tradition to encourage giving back to the community and university that has shaped us into the people we are today. Our class voted to give our contribution to the Student Support Foundation, embodying the Class of 2023’s values and deep-rooted care for our peers. I can’t wait to come back and visit the beautiful tree on campus and see future class gifts to Plymouth State. - Gabriela Gondolfe ’23, Class of 2023 President

The Senior Class Giving Tree finds its place on Alumni Green, positioned in close proximity to the iconic Panther Statue.

Future Alumni Board posing by their newly planted tree
Group Photo L-R: Ben Chipman ’22,‘23G, Kaci Cochran ’23, Alyssa Griffin ’23, Gabi Gondolfe ’23, Kasey Arnold ’23, Nicole Reynolds ’24, and Devonte Gilmore ’24

GIVE BACK FOR TODAY’S STUDENTS

There are many ways to make your gift, including monthly automatic payments, qualified charitable distributions from your IRA, donations through your donor-advised fund, gifts of stock or property, or establishing a legacy gift in your will. For more information, visit plymouth.edu/giving, or contact

Director of Development John Scheinman P’19, P’21G by phone at (603) 535-2805 or via e-mail at jscheinman@plymouth.edu.

Categories